CobaltCove - Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make farming great again

Voizer

What is your suggestion?
Change horse dung drop back to 3x per hour (every 20min).

What server is your suggestion for?
All

Why do you think your suggestion would make a good change?
Facepunch changed the horse dung drop rate from 3x per hour to x0.2 per hour, now it's almost impossible to produce fertilizer for farming.
In a PVE server activities like farming make much more sense than in a PVP server, is important to have the drop rate back as it was before to have fun farming! :D

Zilch

Cobalt Crew
Network Owner
Server Admin
Not sure at all if this has worked right. But I've changed it from baseridableanimal.dungtimescale 1 to baseridableanimal.dungtimescale 3. It will be better now, I'm not however going to support horse hoarding. Everyone else should be able to get horses. so if huge dung farms become a thing I will lower it again.

Voizer

The only reason why we have farms with more than 1 horse is because of Rust update. Before was enough to have 1 horse.
If you want to avoid horse farms, the scale should be > 6 to have a spawn rate of 1.2 per hour.
Explanation:

Horse DungAmount per Hour
Before Rust update3
After Rust update0.2
After your update (3x)0.6

Stack Size ×50
Despawn time 1 hour

Source: https://rustlabs.com/item/horse-dung

Before if we had a horse indoors the horse dung would stack because we had 3 per hour and the despawn time is 1h.
Now we will get 1 every 1h40min which is much better than 1 every 5h, but it will despawn if we don't check the horses every hour.
Having a scale of 6 would make it spawn 1.2 per hour, although this is less than half of what we had before (3), in my opinion, this what we need to allow the horse dung to stack and not despawn, avoiding the need of farms with many horses.

Thanks!

Zilch

Cobalt Crew
Network Owner
Server Admin
The only reason why we have farms with more than 1 horse is because of Rust update. Before was enough to have 1 horse.
If you want to avoid horse farms, the scale should be > 6 to have a spawn rate of 1.2 per hour.
Explanation:

Horse DungAmount per Hour
Before Rust update3
After Rust update0.2
After your update (3x)0.6

Stack Size ×50
Despawn time 1 hour

Source: https://rustlabs.com/item/horse-dung

Before if we had a horse indoors the horse dung would stack because we had 3 per hour and the despawn time is 1h.
Now we will get 1 every 1h40min which is much better than 1 every 5h, but it will despawn if we don't check the horses every hour.
Having a scale of 6 would make it spawn 1.2 per hour, although this is less than half of what we had before (3), in my opinion, this what we need to allow the horse dung to stack and not despawn, avoiding the need of farms with many horses.

Thanks!
As dogigniter says, that has to be one of the best explanations ever! There's very little information for us as Admins on what value does what, I set it to 3 as a test, then legleg told me the lower the number the faster they go potty. So I reduced it to 0.2. That's what it's been set at the last few days, has that been working better for you?